- Ideation is big and risky, and requires a safe environment, including and especially for quieter introverts, but also for "but my first idea is awesome!" loud kids (*ahem*)
- Ideation requires separating your thinking from "And what will the logistics of the final product be?"... instead, just get EVERY little idea out on the table!
Lots of great resource links (highlighted) as well as very concrete ideas shared below!
- Q1 was "Why ideate?"
- This drew out a question re: difference between ideation and brainstorming.
- Followed by a conversation about setting up the learning environment for safe ideation, risk-taking.
- Q2 was "How do you set the stage for ideation?"
- Q3 was "What challenges do you encounter, and how to you overcome them?"
- This led to a conversation about teachers and admins doing DT together in PD!
- Q4 was "Top tip for getting ideation flowing, thinking beyond simple/obvious?"
- This led to a final brief conversation about "fitting it in" and integrating DT as mindset rather than a "unit"
People still joining, but let's get started... Q1: Why ideate? #dtk12chat
- A1: ideation helps students formulate and connect ideas! #dtk12chat
- A1: to ideate is to start the process - to identify possibility, sequence and causality - it's the 1st of many steps #dtk12chat
- A1: Ideation brings people together and inspires conscious evolution. #dtk12chat
- A1--Ideation allows 4 quantity of ideas & encouraging wild ideas that can bring u to new, innnovative places #dtk12chat
- A1: Ideation uncovers remote possibilities & fosters slow hunches #dtk12chat
- A1: We ideate to promote the fluid creation of possibilities in a risk-free and non-judgemental setting. #dtk12chat@jimtiffinjr Difficult for kids. That suspending judgment and reaching for something beyond what's cool with their peers. #dtk12chat
- A1 ideate to dig deep go beyond the surface find connection & meaning… Also, ideate to grow attachment #dtk12chat
- ideation is way for students to have their voices heard and to apply it to a project where they are vested. #dtk12chat
- A1= Ideation should democratize sharing rather than favour 'the loud', the confident, the few. #DTk12chat